Season: 2022 Autumn Competition Now Open
Terms & Conditions
In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of the entry of my team into the Australian Chinese Basket Association (ACBA) competition, I confirm on my own behalf and on behalf of each of the team members nominated in the entry form, that:
1. we have read, understood and accept that all information contained on the ACBA website (http://www.acba.com.au) relating to the specific competition we have chosen to enter in (Competition) and acknowledge and agree that such information together with additional rules or instructions that I may receive from ACBA once my entry is accepted, shall constitute the entry conditions and rules applying to the Competition.
2. we confirm and verify that the information provided in the online entry registration is true and correct.
3. we hereby confirm and verify that we are physically fit for the Competition.
4. we, for ourselves and each of our heirs, executors and administrators hereby waive and release all and any claim, right or cause for action which we or they might otherwise have for, or arising out of loss of life or injury, loss or damage or any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of, or consequent upon, my entry or participation in the Competition.
5. we agree to comply with all the rules and directions of referees, ACBA representatives and/or their agents and the rules and regulations of Basketball Australia.
6. we hereby allow the free use of my name and picture in broadcasts, telecasts and press of the Competition as may be shown on the ACBA website, ACBA Facebook group or other media ACBA chooses to use from time to time. Further, we acknowledge and agree that the copyright in all information, text, material, graphics and videos that may be used on those sites is owned by ACBA, and its suppliers and licensors unless expressly stated otherwise.
7. we hereby agree that upon completion of this online entry registration, any registration fee paid is non-refundable. If we withdraw from the Competition within 3 weeks of the commencement date, a partial refund may be considered by ACBA on a case by case basis.
8. we hereby acknowledge this waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, contractors, corporations, associations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agent, representatives and officers and includes, but is not limited to, the various committees, members and /or staff of ACBA and its representatives and shall operate whether or not the loss injury or damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any one or more of them. We acknowledge and fully understand that by checking the box to acknowledge this form, I am representing to ACBA that I am giving up legal rights and remedies which may be available to me or my team members for the ordinary negligence of ACBA or any person listed above.