Acba Development Team Tryout
ACBA has recognised a need to re-established our development youth program which was enforced a few years ago to grow and nurture players within the Acba competitions.
The Acba Development program aim is to give back to the community through development of young players who not only currently play within Acba but for players outside our association who seek to further their skills and given the opportunity to play interstate and overseas through Acba Tours each year.
This year a squad of 20 players will be selected through tryouts. Details are as below
Where: Auburn Basketball Stadium
Time: 12pm – 1pm
Cost : $5
Age: 17 – 25
Please register your interest via email@example.com so we know how many players are turning up. Players who do not register and rock up on the day will be turned away.
For those selected note the following criteria:
- Ongoing training for the squad will be held on Friday Nights at Fort Street High ( Petersham) 6.30 – 8.30pm
- Training singlet will be provided.
- Selected players will be playing on Mens Open B/ Monday night div 2/ or Tuesday Night
(Divisions played are subject to availability)
- A one off fee is charged to the players for the year training and competition games. Acba will sponsor 50% of the ongoing cost towards the team. It is expected that all players shall play in an Acba competition.
Currently for 2020 the following tours have been allocated
- Easter Tournament held in QLD
- Malaysian Tournament held in July ( Uni breaks)
- USA tour ( End Nov – Mid Dec)
We urged all players who want to improve their game and to see where basketball can take you please apply. Acba has been successful with the progression of our former Development players who have progressed to the Warriors and Dragons squad.
Should you require further info please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org